Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Hofstadter’s Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter’s Law.
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)ʒən
recursion (plural recursions)
- The act of recurring.
- (mathematics) The act of defining an object (usually a function) in terms of that object itself.
- n! = n × (n − 1)! (for n > 0) or 1 (for n = 0) defines the factorial function using recursion.
- (computing) The calling of a function from within that same function.
- This function uses recursion to compute factorials.
the act of recurring
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.