Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) Edited or censored version of a document.
- The government supplied only the redaction to the reporters, the original was kept secret.
- (countable) The change or changes made while editing.
- (uncountable) The process of editing or censoring.
- The Expense Claims made by Members of Parliament must be subject to redaction before publication under the Freedom of Information Act.
Related terms 
The change or changes made while editing
The process of editing or censoring