Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
replacement (plural replacements)
- A person or thing that takes the place of another; a substitute.
2010 December 28, Kevin Darlin, “West Brom 1 - 3 Blackburn”, BBC:
- Rovers lost keeper Robinson to a calf problem at half-time and his replacement Mark Bunn, making his Premier League debut, was immediately called into action - pushing away a vicious Peter Odemwingie drive at the near post.
- The act of replacing something.
- See also Wikisaurus:substitute
a person or thing that takes the place of another; a substitute
act of replacing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked