Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
from the verb reverberate
reverberation (plural reverberations)
- A violent oscillation or vibration
- The discomfort caused by the bat's reverberation surprised Tommy.
- An echo, or a series of overlapping echos
- The reflection of light or heat; a reflection in, or as though in, a mirror.
- Like the several reverberations of the same image from two opposite looking glasses.
- (plural) An evolving series of effects resulting from a particular event; a repercussion
A violent oscillation or vibration.
An echo, or a series of overlapping echos.
The reflection of light or heat.
An evolving series of effects resulting from a particular event.
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989