Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- From Latin verbero (“to beat”).
- (intransitive) to ring with many echos
- (intransitive) to have a lasting effect
- (intransitive) to repeatedly return
- (intransitive) to rebound or recoil
- (intransitive) to shine or reflect (from a surface, etc.)
- (obsolete) to shine or glow (on something) with reflected light
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989
Related terms 
to ring with many echos
to rebound or recoil
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- vocative masculine singular of reverberātus