Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
reflection (plural reflections)
- The act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.
- The property of a propagated wave being thrown back from a surface (such as a mirror).
- Something, such as an image, that is reflected.
- The dog barked at his own reflection in the mirror.
- Careful thought or consideration.
- After careful reflection, I have decided not to vote for that proposition.
- An implied criticism.
- It is a reflection on his character that he never wavered in his resolve.
- (computing) The process or mechanism of determining the capabilities of an object at run-time.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
act of reflecting; the state of being reflected
property of a propagated wave
something that is reflected
careful thought or consideration
an implied criticism
(computingreflection) Process of determining the capabilities of an object at run-time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked