Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: sénile
- Of, or relating to old age.
2013 May-June, Charles T. Ambrose, “Alzheimer’s Disease”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 200:
- Similar studies of rats have employed four different intracranial resorbable, slow sustained release systems— […]. Such a slow-release device containing angiogenic factors could be placed on the pia mater covering the cerebral cortex and tested in persons with senile dementia in long term studies.
- (often offensive) Exhibiting the deterioration in mind and body often accompanying old age; doddering.
of, or relating to old age
exhibiting the deterioration in mind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- senile in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- senile in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- inflected form of
senile m, f (masculine and feminine plural senili)
senile m, f
- relating to old age
Declension of senile