Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: show-off
- show-off (noun only)
- (transitive, idiomatic) To exhibit the best attributes of something.
- Grocery stores show off their produce by placing the most attractive specimens in front.
- (transitive and intransitive, idiomatic) To attract attention to for the purpose of bragging or personal exhibitionism; to demonstrate a skill, talent or property for the purpose of bragging or personal exhibitionism.
- She loves to show off her driving prowess.
- She loves to show off when she gets behind the wheel of a car.
to exhibit, to demonstrate something for the purpose of bragging
- one who shows off.