Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
siding (plural sidings)
- A building material which covers and protects the sides of a house or other building (called cladding in the UK).
- Ugh. If there's one thing I can't stand it's cheesy vinyl siding.
- (rail transport) A second, relatively short length of track just to the side of a railroad track, joined to the main track by switches at one or both ends, used either for unloading freight, or to allow two trains on a same track to meet (opposite directions) or pass (same direction).
- Present participle of side.
- Whenever he hears an argument, he can't help siding with one party or the other.