Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -æpə(r)
For senses 3 and 4, the OED tentatively quotes the Bloomsbury Dictionary of Contemporary Slang: "This working class term from East London and Essex is probably a corruption of shlepper or schlepper, a word of Yiddish origin, one of whose meanings is a slovenly or immoral woman."
slapper (plural slappers)
- (countable) One who, or that which, slaps.
- (countable, slang, dated) Anything monstrous; a whopper.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Grose to this entry?)
- (countable, UK, Ireland, slang) A prostitute.
- (countable, UK, Ireland, Australia, slang) A woman of loose morals.