Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
speedfreak (plural speedfreaks)
- (slang) An addict or habitual user of amphetamines, methamphetamines, or similar stimulating drugs.
- (slang) A person who enjoys driving, riding motorcycles, etc. at high speeds.
- 1973, Richard Mills, Young Outsiders: A Study of Alternative Communities, Pantheon Books: 1973, page 58:
- Jimmy: the journal of a speedfreak I have been around the West End two or three years....
- 1984, Kenneth Blum, Handbook of Abusable Drugs, Gardner Press: 1984, page 312:
- Their level of abuse is holding steady, and the intravenous injection of large amounts, the speedfreak phenomenon noted during the 1960's, almost has disappeared.
- 2004, Carol Clerk, The Saga of Hawkwind, Omnibus Press: 2004, page 100:
- New boy, new speedfreak, sings song in two takes.... 'The speedfreak upstart - how dare he? Why isn't it me?
- speedfreak, in The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English: J - Z, by Eric Partridge, Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor, Taylor & Francis, 2006, Page 1831.