Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪf
spiff (plural spiffs)
- (uncountable) Attractiveness or charm in dress, appearance, or manner
- Without a diploma, he relies on spiff alone to climb the corporate ladder.
- (countable, dated) A well-dressed man
- (countable, sales jargon) A bonus or other remuneration, given for reaching a sales goal or promoting the goods of a particular manufacturer. Originally from textile retailing, a percentage given for selling off surplus or out-of-fashion stock, of which the sales person could offer part as a discount to a customer.
- (countable, colloquial, Jamaica) a hand-rolled marijuana cigarette; a joint
- (usually with up) to make spiffy (attractive, polished, or up-to-date)
- Our productivity would surely increase if we'd just spiff up this office a bit.
- to reward (a salesperson) with a spiff.
- to throw.
- I spiffed the turf over the edge and it went straight through the window and hit the officer.