Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (logic, philosophy, of a set of properties) In a relationship with another set such that membership in the other set implies membership in the present set
- If mental properties are supervenient on physical properties, people with identical bodies will also have identical minds.
- Supervening; occurring subsequently; coming after something, especially when not causally connected.
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989
- third-person plural future active indicative of superveniō