Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
subsequently (not comparable)
- Following, afterwards in either time or place.
- Accordingly, therefore (implying a logical connection or deduction).
Although subsequently may imply a cause and effect relationship, it may also be used when no cause is implied.
- 1832 — John Richardson, Wacousta, volume II, chapter 7
- It will be recollected that the ill-fated Halloway...distinctly stated the voice of the individual who had approached his post...to have been that of a female, and that the language in which they subsequently conversed was that of the Ottawa Indians.
1905, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, chapter 1, The Tremarn Case:
- “There the cause of death was soon ascertained ; the victim of this daring outrage had been stabbed to death from ear to ear with a long, sharp instrument, in shape like an antique stiletto, which […] was subsequently found under the cushions of the hansom. […]”