Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪzɪŋ
- Present participle of surprise.
- The action of the verb to surprise.
- That is or are a surprise.
- A surprising number of people attended the rally.
- 2011 November 3, David Ornstein, “Macc Tel-Aviv 1 - 2 Stoke”, BBC Sport:
- With this the second of three games in seven days for Stoke, it was hardly surprising to see nine changes from the side that started against Newcastle in the Premier League on Monday.
that is or are a surprise