Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ticker (plural tickers)
- A measuring or reporting device, particularly one which makes a ticking sound as the measured events occur.
- The ticker was showing an increased rate of flow.
- A ticker tape.
- I checked the prices on the ticker one last time before placing the trade.
- To my surprise, the ticker showed that the deal had already gone through.
- (colloquial) The heart.
- My ticker gave out and I had to go to the hospital for surgery.
a measuring or reporting device