Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
typewriter (plural typewriters)
- A device, at least partially mechanical, used to print text by pressing keys that cause type to be impressed through an inked ribbon onto paper.
- (archaic) One who uses a typewriter; a typist.
- The typewriter got up and disappeared out a back door, and soon she come back with a man, and he said, "Can I be of some help, Mr. Higgens?" -- The Southpaw, Mike Harris, 1953.
- (one who uses a typewriter): typist
machine used to print text by pressing keys
one who uses a typewriter
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked