Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
ultimately (not comparable)
- Indicating the last item.
- Firstly, ... Secondly, ... Ultimately, ...
- Indicating the most important action.
- Ultimately, he will have to make a decision before the end of the week.
- 2011 October 29, Neil Johnston, “Norwich 3 - 3 Blackburn”, BBC Sport:
- That Wolves reached half-time on level terms had much to do with the ultimately luckless Hennessey, who was in action in the opening minute to tip away Samir Nasri's shot following a City corner.
indicating the last item
indicating the most important action