Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) An exorbitant rate of interest, in excess of any legal rates or at least immorally.
- (uncountable) The practice of lending money at such rates.
- (uncountable, archaic) The practice of lending money at interest.
exorbitant rate of interest in excess of any legal rates
practice of lending money at illegal or unfair rates
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- “usury” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).