Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Comparative form of the adjective vid (“wide”).
- IPA: /vidərə/, [ˈviðɐɐ]
- IPA: /wi.ˈdeː.re/
- present active infinitive of videō
- "to see, to perceive; to look (at)"
- "to observe, to note"
- "to understand, to perceive, to comprehend"
- "to look (at), to consider, to reflect (upon)"
- "to look out for, to see to, to care for, to provide, to make sure"
- second-person singular present passive imperative of videō
- "be thou seen, be thou perceived; be thou looked (at)"
- "be thou observed, be thou noted"
- "be thou understood, be thou perceived, be thou comprehended"
- "be thou looked (at), be thou considered, be thou reflected (upon)"
- "be thou looked out for, be thou seen to, be thou cared for, be thou provided, be thou made sure"
- "be thou regarded, seem thou, appear thou"