Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- The act of exercising or stretching in preparation for strenuous activity
- If you don't do your warm-ups properly you have a greater chance of injury.
- Any act of preparation for a performance
- Drivers are allowed 5 minutes for warm-up before the race starts.
- A period of time allocated for performing warm-ups.
- Keep a sharp eye on the referee during warm-up to check out his mood.
The act of exercising or stretching in preparation for strenuous activity
- Attributive use of the noun
- My friend is playing in the warm-up band for the big show tonight.
- Bill crashed during the warm-up lap.