Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: pər-fôrʹ-məns, IPA(key): /pər.ˈfɔr.məns/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)məns
- Hyphenation: per‧for‧mance
performance (plural performances)
- The act of performing; carrying into execution or action; execution; achievement; accomplishment; representation by action; as, the performance of an undertaking of a duty.
- That which is performed or accomplished; a thing done or carried through; an achievement; a deed; an act; a feat; especially, an action of an elaborate or public character.
- A live show or concert.
- (computer science) The amount of useful work accomplished by a computer system compared to the time and resources used. Better Performance means more work accomplished in shorter time and/or using less resources
- Adjecties often applied to "performance": high, poor, improved, superior, excellent, good, peak, top, optimal, low, economic, academic, financial, musical, human, environmental, vocal, cognitive, dynamic, organizational, historical, physical, social, mechanical, electrical, mental, macroeconomic.
the act of performing; carrying into execution or action; accomplishment
that which is performed or accomplished
live show or concert
amount of useful work accomplished by a computer system
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
performance f (plural performances)
performance f (invariable)