Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: weaved
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwoʊvən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwəʊvən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊvən
woven (not comparable)
- Fabricated by weaving.
- Woven kevlar is tough enough to be bulletproof.
- The woven words of the sonnet were deep and moving.
fabricated by weaving
woven (plural wovens)
- A cloth formed by weaving. It only stretches in the bias directions (between the warp and weft directions), unless the threads are elastic.
- Past participle of
- The spider had woven her web on a corner of the attic.