Jump to navigation Jump to search
دانش (dâneš, “knowledge”) + ـگاه (-gâh, “place”).
- (Classical Persian) IPA(key): /dɑːniʃɡɑːh/
- (Dari Persian) IPA(key): /dɑːnɪʃɡɑːh/
- (Iranian Persian) IPA(key): /dɒːneʃɡɒːh/
|Dari||پوهنتون / دانشگاه|
دانشگاه • (dânešgâh)
- دانشگاه تهران ― dânešgâh-e tehrân ― the University of Tehran
- In Afghanistan, the Pashto loan پوهنتون (pôhantun, “university”) is also in common use following the Pashtunization policies of successive Pashtun-dominated governments. The choice between پوهنتون (pôhantun) and دانشگاه (dânešgâh) has been politically controversial, with the former sometimes being seen as a Pashtun imposition upon Persian speakers.
- Urdu: دانش گاہ (dânish-gâh)