|Orthoepy, etc||u:sang||우ː상 (uːsang)||偶 像|
우상 • (usang)
- 조상숭배 (josang-sungbae) ancestor worship, ancestor veneration, ancestorism
- 영웅숭배 (yeong-ung-sungbae) hero worship
- 우신예찬 (usin-yechan) moriae encomium "Praise of Folly"
- 허수아비 (heosuabi) scarecrow, puppet, straw man
- ^ “This is similar to our ability to communicate with others through the telephone. One does not talk to the telephone; rather the telephone is a way to interact with another person. Without the telephone, one could not have a conversation across long distances; and without the sanctified image in the temple, one cannot easily talk with the Deity.” -- Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, Ten Questions people ask About Hinduism …and ten terrific answers! p. 7. (pdf)
- ^ “Some Hindu denominations like Arya Samaj and Satya Mahima Dharma [...] reject [veneration of murtis or idols], equating it with an idol worship.” -- [[w:Murti|]]