Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: vénération
- The act of venerating or the state of being venerated.
- Profound reverence, respect or awe.
- 1847 January – 1848 July, William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair. A Novel without a Hero, London: Bradbury and Evans, […], published 1848, OCLC 3174108, page 2:
- In Miss Jemima's eyes an autograph letter of her sister, Miss Pinkerton, was an object of as deep veneration as would have been a letter from a sovereign.
- Religious zeal, idolatry or devotion.
the act of venerating
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.