- The fervor or tireless devotion for a person, cause, or ideal and determination in its furtherance; diligent enthusiasm; powerful interest.
- Zeal, the blind conductor of the will.
- Bible, Romans x. 2
- I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
- (obsolete) A zealot.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ben Jonson to this entry?)
- The collective noun for a group of zebras.
2012, Alex Kuskowski, Zeal of Zebras: Animal Groups on an African Safari, ↑ISBN, page 8:
- A zeal of zebras confuses predators. Each zebra has a different set of stripes.
- (fervor): ardor, eagerness, enthusiasm, intensity, passion
- (collective noun for zebras): dazzle, herd
- (fervor): apathy
fervor or devotion