Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Full of zeal; ardent, fervent; exhibiting enthusiasm or strong passion.
- 1896, Andrew Dickson White, A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom, 2004 edition, page 122:
- Doubtless many will exclaim against the Roman Catholic Church for this; but the simple truth is that Protestantism was no less zealous against the new scientific doctrine.
- 1940, Foster Rhea Dulles, America Learns to Play: A history of popular recreation, 1607-1940, page 61:
- […] and there were few more zealous dancers at the fashionable balls in the Raleigh Tavern at Williamsburg.
- 2011 April 4, “Newt Gingrich”, in Time:
- Newt Gingrich […] left Congress in 1998, following GOP midterm-election losses that many blamed on his zealous pursuit of Bill Clinton's impeachment.
full of zeal; ardent