Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /æp.əˈθɛt.ɪk/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪk
- Void of feeling; not susceptible of deep emotion.
- 1834, L[etitia] E[lizabeth] L[andon], chapter XIV, in Francesca Carrara. […], volume II, London: Richard Bentley, […], (successor to Henry Colburn), →OCLC, page 167:
- He then added a few general offers of service, but offered as if he would be glad if they were accepted; and when Guido knelt for his parting benediction, it was given with a warmth and sincerity not often used by the apathetic and haughty minister.
- Of, or pertaining to apatheism.
void of feeling