Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Britain, Canada, and Australia spelling of
- 1818, [Mary Shelley], chapter VI, in Frankenstein; or, The Modern Prometheus. […], volume III, London: […] [Macdonald and Son] for Lackington, Hughes, Harding, Mavor, & Jones, →OCLC, page 120:
- I rushed towards her, and embraced her with ardour; but the deathly languor and coldness of the limbs told me, that what I now held in my arms had ceased to be the Elizabeth whom I had loved and cherished.
ardour — see ardor
- Late Anglo-Norman spelling of
- toun ardour et l’estudie de aprendre […] deit estre provee