Jump to navigation Jump to search
'cher (plural 'chers)
- (Singapore, informal) a person who teaches in a school.
- 1998 August 14, mrbrown, “The Great Singlish/Singapore Dialect Dictionary”, in mrbrown.com:
- Student A: "Cher cher! Can I go to the loo?" Teacher: "Go lah go lah!".
- 2014, Joshua Goh, TheSmartLocal, 2 May (http://www.thesmartlocal.com/read/singapore-slang-2)
- Teacher: WHO DID THAT? B: Cher cher, him! I saw! *points to A*
- 2014, Manoj Harjani, Chapalang Magazine, 9 Mar (http://www.hellochapalang.com/playing-cher/)
- I suppose it was a lot better than being addressed as ‘cher, but at the time I kept wishing I had ended up in a junior college instead.