Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "za"
Abbreviation of .
- (slang) Pizza
- 1992, Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash:
- He cuts off a bimbo box—a family minivan—veers past the Buy 'n' Fly that is next door, and pulls into CosaNostra Pizza #3569. Those big fat contact patches complain, squeal a little bit, but they hold on to the patented Fairlanes, Inc. high-traction pavement and guide him into the chute. No other Deliverators are waiting in the chute. That is good, that means high turnover for him, fast action, keep moving that 'za.
- 2003, Jim Brown, Black Valley, page 91:
- "I'll just grab a slice of 'za for the road," Donald said, mimicking his older sister.
- 2003, Cincinnati Magazine (volume 36, number 5, page 26)
- Gourmet chocolate pizza called CHOCIZZA. The 'za is the brainchild of West Chester's Carrie Brownfield […]