Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ce"
- like, -like, -ly; -ish; as if, as though; in the way of
- Used to form adverbs from nouns and adjectives.
- -ish: Used to form languages from a demonym/nationality.
- -ian, -ese: Used to form languages from the name of a country or region.
- It's used when the nationality word's last vowel is one of "e", "i", "ö" or "ü" and the last consonant is one of "f", "s", "t", "k", "ç", "ş", "h" or "p"
- It can become -ce, -ça, -ca according to the last vowel and the last consonant of the word.