Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An expert on the specified subject.
- A person in charge of a specified thing.
- A suffix attached to a person's name in humorous (or ironic) approbation.
- The festival is something of a muso's paradise, with the Bobmeister General (you may know him as Geldof), former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman with his band The Rhythm Kings, Bernard Butler and Bert Jansch and Dublin-based electronic knob-twiddler Autamata all turning out. — "Galway Gets Festive", The Irish Times, July 9, 2004 
- But 2011 hasn’t started well for the Govemeister. [Reference to Michael Gove, then UK Secretary of State for Education] — engagedlearning.co.uk, January 15, 2011 
- Sometimes used to point up a German association.