Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: mycin
- (pharmacology) Used to form names of antibiotics produced by Streptomyces strains.
- -micin (“antibiotics obtained from Micromonospora”)
- The use of stems in the selection of International Nonproprietary Names (INN) for pharmaceutical substances, Geneva: World Health Organization, 2018
From Ancient Greek μύκης (múkēs, “fungus”).
- (pharmacology) Used to form names of antibiotics that pertain to fungi
- Douglas Harper (2001–2023), “-mycin”, in Online Etymology Dictionary.