Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK, US) enPR: fŭnʹjī, fŭngʹgī, IPA(key): /ˈfʌn.dʒaɪ/, /ˈfʌŋ.ɡaɪ/, /ˈfʌŋ.ɡiː/, /ˈfʌn.dʒiː/
Audio (UK) (file)
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: fun guy
- plural of
- (pathology) Spongy, abnormal growth, as granulation tissue formed in a wound
- There are multiple pronunciations in current English use. More American dictionaries favor the pronunciation /ˈfʌn.dʒaɪ/ or /ˈfʌŋ.gaɪ/, while more British dictionaries favor the pronunciation /ˈfʌŋ.giː/ or /ˈfʌn.dʒiː/. However, all four pronunciations are in use in both countries.
- (music) A style of folk and popular music from the Virgin Islands, traditionally performed by bands consisting of ukulele, banjo, guitar and washboard with various percussion instruments on rhythm.
- Alternative form of (Caribbean okra dish)