Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ahl
- As a German surname, from Aal (“eel”).
- Also as a German and Jewish surname, from Ahle (“awl”).
- As a Swedish surname, from al (“alder”). The -h- appears to be an Anglicization.
Ahl (plural Ahls)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Ahl is the 18018th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 1549 individuals. Ahl is most common among White (94.51%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Ahl”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, volume 1, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 14.