Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Trade name of zolpidem, a medication most widely known as a treatment for insomnia.
2011, Jonathan Handel, Hollywood on Strike!: An Industry at War in the Internet Age, page 389:
- Silicon Valley is not going to suddenly take an Ambien and stop innovating.
2010, Patricia Morrisroe, Wide Awake: A Memoir of Insomnia, page 119:
- But Eckleburg is powerless against her, so I take an Ambien, and then, at 2 AM, the New York City Department of Transportation decides it's the perfect time to rip up the street.
- 2009, Jay-Z, The Blueprint 3, "Empire State of Mind":
- The city never sleeps/better slip you an Ambien.