Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ambrose
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈæmbɹoʊz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈæmbɹəʊz/
- Hyphenation: Am‧brose
- A male given name from Ancient Greek.
- A patronymic surname.
- A city in Coffee County, Georgia.
- A city and village in North Dakota.
- A town in Queensland, Australia.
- 1951 Rosamond Du Jardin, Class Ring, Lippincott, page 140:
- Take poor Brose, who was actually christened Ambrose. A thing like that could simply warp a person's life, if he wasn't a good enough fighter to make the other kids start calling him by some nickname at an early age.
male given name