Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (fandom slang) A nickname for the version of Batman interpreted by Ben Affleck, which debuted in the film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) from the DC Extended Universe.
- 2016, Ryan M. Milner, The World Made Meme: Public Conversations and Participatory Media, MIT Press, →ISBN, page 55:
- The man under the batsuit in Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice is actor Ben Affleck, a casting decision that had been loudly critiqued as out of step with Batman's character. With reservations about “Batfleck” already resonant, Snyder's photo was an apt target for a flurry of memetic reappropriation.
- 2018, Elyssa Patrick, With Me Boxed Set Books 1 - 4, page 1711:
- Chloe holds up her cell, showing me the text I'd sent of Ben Affleck in the Batman costume. “You sent us Batfleck.”
- 2019, Douglas E. Cowan, Magic, Monsters, and Make-Believe Heroes: How Myth and Religion Shape Fantasy Culture, Univ of California Press, →ISBN, page 11:
- Sure, in the early 1960s, Superman was lean and toned, but at that time he lacked the hyperbolic, indeed, comic musculature that came to mark so many other entries into the superhero genre. (Yes, I'm talking about you, Batfleck.)