Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A diminutive of Elizabeth, also used as a formal female given name.
- Bessie, a lake monster supposed to exist in Lake Erie in the United States.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- 1872 Julia Kavanagh: Bessie. page 255:
- Bessie - I beg your pardon, but I do so like the name 'Bessie'; and the best is, that you always say these pretty things as if you meant them.
- 1907 Grace Livingston Hill: The Girl from Montana. BiblioBazaar,LLC,2007. →ISBN page 139:
- "Dear Bessie - " Elizabeth had never asked her not to call her that, although she fairly detested the name. But still it had been her mother's name, and was likely dear to her grandmother. It seemed disloyalty to her mother to suggest that she be called "Elizabeth".