- Rhymes: -əʊi
- A female given name
- For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
- 1731 Jonathan Swift, Strephon and Chloe:
- Of Chloe all the town has rung; / By ev'ry Size of Poets sung. / So beautiful a Nymph appears / But once in Twenty Thousand Years.
- 1981 William Boyd, A Good Man in Africa, H.Hamilton, →ISBN, page 24:
- Before he had met this one, Morgan had assumed that people called Chloe were either the neurotic brilliant daughters of Oxbridge dons or else silly screaming debutantes.
- a female given name