Citations:what the fuck
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of what the fuck
- 1960, Carlos Fuentes, Where the Air is Clear: A Novel, p. 149:
- Even dogs know the neighborhood better than you do, so what the fuck, you just follow.
- 1972, R. Serge Denisoff, the sounds of social change, p. 255:
- But what the fuck, let's face it. I want to live good. I want to make some money; I want a car, you know. How long can you fight it?
- 1973, Chandler Brossard, Did Christ Make Love?: A Novel, p. 36:
- One of the boys on the street—-the immutable, time-stopped leaners in doorways, standers on the street with hands on hips or in pockets, gazers, like hidden ghost figures, after walking girls—-had told him what a pushover queers were, so he thought, what the fuck, why not; partly because at the time he had no choice, unless he wanted to eat out of garbage cans and sleep in the back seat of parked cars...
- 1991, Randy Wayne White, Sanibel Flats, p. 47:
- My master's was in world history, but I figured what the fuck, why not shoot for enlightenment?
- 1991, Mary Robison, Subtraction, p. 100:
- The kid thought the Atlantic was like a freeway - chancy, but, what the fuck, let's go.
- 1995, Martin Huxley, Aerosmith: The Fall and the Rise of Rock's Greatest Band:
- I figured, What the fuck, let's go back to the kids again.
- 1997, Donald Goines, Daddy Cool, p. 115:
- So what the fuck, let's act like real painters.”
- 2001, Brian Thacker, Rule No.5: No Sex on the Bus: Confessions of a Tour Leader, p. 91:
- At the ripe old age of 78, he thought, What the fuck? I'll take up skiing.
- 2001, Rene Guenon, The Symbolism of the Cross, p. 116:
- Well, what the fuck. Let's go for a little ride.
- 2003, Erin Runions, How Hysterical: Identification and Resistance in the Bible and Film, p. 141:
- And whatever, if you just happen to get a little blow job out of it, hey, what the fuck, why not?
- 2004, Michael Turner, The Pornographer's Poem, p. 79:
- Fortunately John sensed our discomfort, because he quickly turned to Penny and said, “Aw, what the fuck — let's just make it a foursome.” And Penny agreed.
- 2006, James Hunt, Into This House We're Born p. 128:
- Like Jim said, it'll probably be our last gig anyway, so what the fuck? Let's go out with a bang!"