Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: why-not
Audio (AU) (file)
- Why is that not true?
- I don't want to go out today. — Why not?
- Used to state that one has no objection to and approves of a proposal.
- Let's have pizza for lunch. — Yes, why not?
- Used to introduce a proposal.
- Why not try turning the handle in the other direction to see if that opens the window?
- (why is that not true): why?, how come?
- (to show one has no objection): all right, I don't see why not, OK
- (to introduce a proposal): how about, what if
why is that not true
state one has no objection
introduce a proposal