Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
English terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:English adverb forms: English adverbs that are inflected to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:English act-related adverbs: English adverbs that indicate the motive or other background information for an action.
- Category:English aspect adverbs: English adverbs that express grammatical aspect, describing the flow of time in relation to a statement.
- Category:English conjunctive adverbs: English adverbs that connect two independent clauses together.
- Category:English degree adverbs: English adverbs that express a particular degree to which the word they modify applies.
- Category:English demonstrative adverbs: English adverbs that refer to other adverbs, comparing them to external references.
- Category:English focus adverbs: English adverbs that indicate focus within the sentence.
- Category:English interrogative adverbs: English adverbs that indicate questions.
- Category:English location adverbs: English adverbs that indicate location.
- Category:English manner adverbs: English adverbs that indicate the manner, way or style in which an action is performed.
- Category:English pronominal adverbs: English adverbs that are formed by combining a pronoun with a preposition.
- Category:English sentence adverbs: English adverbs that modify an entire clause or sentence.
- Category:English suppletive adverbs: English adverbs that have inflected forms from different roots.
- Category:English time adverbs: English adverbs that indicate time.
- Category:English uncomparable adverbs: English adverbs that are not inflected to display different degrees of comparison.
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► English adverb forms (2 c, 0 e)
- ► English conjunctive adverbs (1 c, 45 e)
- ► English focus adverbs (0 c, 27 e)
- ► English interrogative adverbs (0 c, 12 e)
- ► English location adverbs (0 c, 16 e)
- ► English manner adverbs (0 c, 128 e)
- ► English pronominal adverbs (0 c, 77 e)
- ► English time adverbs (3 c, 1 e)
- ► English uncomparable adverbs (0 c, 7035 e)
Pages in category "English adverbs"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 18,075 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- a baculo
- a bene placito
- a bit
- a capella
- a cappella
- a capriccio
- à contre-coeur
- à contrecoeur
- à contrecœur
- a damn sight
- à deux
- a fortiori
- a fuck sight
- a go-go
- à gogo
- a good deal
- a great deal
- a la carte
- à la carte
- a la mode
- a little
- a little matter
- a lot
- a matter
- a mensa et thoro
- à outrance
- a piacere
- a posteriori
- a priori
- à propos
- à propos de bottes
- a small matter
- A to Z
- a treat
- a trifle
- ab absurdo
- ab aeterno
- ab extra
- ab inconvenienti
- ab init
- ab initio
- ab intestato
- ab intra
- ab invito
- ab ovo
- ab utili
- about east
- about time
- above all
- above and beyond
- above one's paygrade
- above one's station
- above stairs
- above the line
- abs. feb.
- absitively posilutely
- absitively posolutely
- absotively posilutely
- absotively posolutely