Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In an abashed manner. [from early 19th century.]
- 1824, James Hogg, The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner, page 36:
- George, at length, came forward abashedly toward him, and said, — "I have been greatly to blame, Robert, and am very sorry for what I have done.
- 2018 October 8, “The Banality of the Eichmann Trial”, in Tablet Magazine:
- At the punchline, Moshe snorts in laughter, then abashedly suppresses the smile. Does a self-deprecating sense of humor—a comedic trope owned by the Jews—make the Nazi more human?