Jump to navigation Jump to search
- With abandon, without restraint.
- Synonym: unrestrainedly
- 1851, Herman Melville, Moby-Dick, Chapter 28,
- For though the harpooneers, with the great body of the crew, were a far more barbaric, heathenish, and motley set than any of the tame merchant-ship companies which my previous experiences had made me acquainted with, still I ascribed this—and rightly ascribed it—to the fierce uniqueness of the very nature of that wild Scandinavian vocation in which I had so abandonedly embarked.
- 1913, Willa Cather, O Pioneers! Part 4, Chapter 1,
- In the first days of their love she had been his slave; she had admired him abandonedly.