Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) something that restrains, ties, fastens or secures
- Make sure all the restraints are tight.
- (uncountable) control or caution; reserve
- Try to exercise restraint when talking to your boss.
- November 2 2014, Daniel Taylor, "Sergio Agüero strike wins derby for Manchester City against 10-man United," guardian.co.uk
- City will feel nonplussed when they review the tape and Pellegrini had to summon all his restraint in the post-match interviews.
something that restrains, ties, fastens or secures
control or caution; reserve