remora (plural remora or remoras)
- Any of various elongate brown fish from the family Echeneidae, whose dorsal fin is in the form of a suction disc that can take a firm hold against the skin of larger marine animals.
- (obsolete) delay; obstacle; hindrance
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milton to this entry?)
- An old surgical instrument, intended to retain parts in their places.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Dunglison to this entry?)
brown fish from the family Echeneidae
remora f (plural remore)