- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- To make long or longer by pulling and stretching; to make elongated.
- To depart to, or be at, a distance; especially, to recede apparently from the sun, as a planet in its orbit.
- (obsolete) To remove further off.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Thomas Browne to this entry?)
to make long